After completing this module, you will be able to:
• Describe the digital breast tomosynthesis system.
• Explain the origin and theory behind tomosynthesis exams.
• Visualize the acquisition and display of DBT images.
• Discuss the benefits and challenges of this modality for both patients and staff.
• Define the similarities and differences of digital breast tomosynthesis and standard imaging.
• Differentiate current FDA approved units and their features.
• Recall QC tests and radiation dose specific to DBT.
• Explain the storage, distribution, and compatibility of DBT images.
• Recognize the training and certification requirements for DBT.